Monday, January 14, 2013

Our 4th


I was scheduled to be induced at 7:15 a.m. on Friday April 20, 2012 at Jordan Valley Hospital. That morning started out kinda yucky for me. I was having pretty bad contractions, my back hurt and I was just hurting from head to toe. I tried eating a muffin, but I threw it up. I felt like crap and was so ready to have our baby girl! Luke & I arrived at the hospital at 7:30, I was late like always. We checked in, then we were put in room 241. I got changed into my gown, then the nurse checked me to see how far dilialted I was. I was a 4 plus & 100% effaced. The nurse started my pitocin around 8:30. I also had to have antibiotics because I had group b strep. I had to have the antibiotics for 4 hours before they could break my water. While the nurse was putting in my IV I just about passed out. I was seeing spots my body was covered in sweat. I felt horrible! About 9:45 I got an epidural. The nurse said that 6 other woman were being induced that day so I should get my epidural before the anesthesiologist got to busy. Not to long after my epidural I started throwing up really bad. Not fun!! My doctor came and broke my water about 1:30 and within an hour my contractions were pretty bad and my epidural was starting to wear off. The anesthesiologist came back and gave me another dose of medicine so I couldn't fell a thing. Then about 2:56 I started pushing. I couldn't even tell if I was making any progress cause I was so numb, but apparently I was cause at 3:04 pm DREW AUBREE was born!!! She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz & was 19 inches. She is so PERFECT!!! I had some pretty yucky moments during labor but all in all it was pretty easy! I hate being pregnant, but the second you finally hold your sweet baby it makes it all worth it!!





1 comment:

Cedar said...

Love, Love, Love these pictures! How sweet to have such great memories captured on film!! Even after giving birth, you look beautiful! So happy Drew made it safely to your family and can't believe she is almost a year! I am sooooo excited to meet our little fella coming soon. Love ya!