Wednesday, April 10, 2013

NIGHTMARE


Friday Nov. 2, 2012 was not a good one! My day started out normal. I called my Mom first thing like I always do. I asked her what her and Dad were doing later that evening cause Luke was going roping, so it was going to be a Me & the kids night. I asked her if they wouldn't mind if we came over and I would bring Chin Wah (Chinese food). She said sure and I said I'd just call when I was on my way. About 5pm I called her and she said she was just getting done washing her car and they weren't hungry cause they had a late lunch, so I decided to just get Chick-fli-a for me & my kids. We got to their house and Dad answered the door. He said Mom was up stairs laying down cause she said she was dizzy. So I sat there with Dad and ate dinner. We were there about an hour and it was not at all like Mom to not come down and at least say hi, so I went up to talk to her. I opened her down and she was laying on her bed in the dark. I said Mom are you ok. She no I have a really bad headache, I feel dizzy & I feel like I'm spinning in a tunnel, I just don't feel right. I said I hope you're not getting sick and she said yeah cause I just don't feel right. I said well I leave you alone, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I love you. We said bye to Dad and went home. I got home at 8 pm. I was getting my kids ready for bed and at 8:40 the phone rang, it was Dad. I answered, Hello, he said Cara, Dad, hello (I couldn't hear him cause he was crying). He said I've got Mom here at the ER, I don't know what's going on, she back getting a cat scan. I asked if he needed me to come be with him and he said I don't know. Then he said I'll call you back cause the Doctors coming. Almost an hour went by and I called my Dad back and he said they were life flighting her to University Hospital. They found a tumor on her brain. I guess what happened after I left my parents house my Dad went upstairs to check on my Mom and she tried to get up and she fell on the floor. She said her leg kept shaking. My Dad ran to the neighbors house to get help and then took her to the hospital. When they got there she started having seizures. That's why she was put in a neck brace. After I talked to my Dad I headed up to the hospital around 10pm. My Mom was put in the NCCU. Dad, Elise, Gina, Natalie & I all went back to her room together. It seriously felt like we were in a nightmare. It was so hard to see her that way. One of the doctors came in around midnight and updated us on what was going on. He said the tumor she had was called Meningioma. He example everything and said it was a pretty common tumor. They scheduled her to have it removed that coming Monday. I couldn't believe it was happening. I had just talked to Mom a few hours before and everything seemed fine. It was like a tornado blew threw! It was so, so scary!!

No comments: