Monday, March 9, 2009

EAR PIERCING-ROUND 1

On Feb. 26th I took Chesnie to the mall to get her ears pierced. It started out good. Natalie, Broox, Christina & her kids all met us there. The kids went on the carousal and we ate dinner, then headed over to Icing. When we walked in it was a guy that was doing the piercing and I didn't want to judge him just cause he was a guy. Alot guys are just as good as girls. He talked like he knew what he was doing so I trusted him. But right before he started Chesnie dropped her binky and it was no where to be found. I should have known that she was trying to tell my something. It was a sign! He did the left ear first and totally missed the dot. I was not happy. Then moved to the right and got it perfect. I looked at it really good and Natalie noticed to that it was not right. The left was way to high and really close to the inside of her ear. The guy was trying to tell me that to him it looked even and once the swelling went down it would be even, but no I said , it's way off. So he said go home, take it out and come back in a couple of days after it's closed up and they would re-do it for free. And I thought of course you'll do it for free but your not doing me a favor by having to bring my poor baby in to put her through that again. I was not HAPPY!I look like I was crying in this picture. I actually really wanted to!
Not Happy!!!
Well at least we got one right!!!
She was so HAPPY to be home!! ROUND 2
We went back in on March 3rd and this time it was a little bit better experience. It was a girl this time that did it. But after she put the earing in the gun got stuck to the back of the earing and she couldn't get the gun off. Chesnie was screaming and moving her head and the girl was trying to get the gun off without taking the earing with it! It scared me for a minute! Chesnie was so good though and it really seemed like when we walked in she knew what was up. POOR BABY! But a least this time it's right!

9 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Man! We should've paid closer attention to the signs the first time! At least it's over and done with and her earrings look adorable. What a trooper to make it through the torture twice!

Parker Family said...

Poor little girl! And poor you! You look like you hated it worse than her! She does look adorable with the earrings!

marcie said...

The good thing is, she'll never remember a thing :) And, she'll always be able to wear cute earrings! And yes, you look more sad than she does!

2Again Now said...

Kara.....You look WAY more scared that Chesnie!!! I'm glad all is now well!! :o)

Cami said...

How traumatic. WOW! That must've been a very uncomfortable moment when you want to wring the guys neck for screwing up. Ugh! I am so sorry sweet Chesnie - They looked good now though - for sure!!

Brandi said...

Poor baby. Good thing she won't remember this when she gets older. She looks cute with her ears piecerd.

nicole said...

oooooohhh....that guy makes me mad!!!! Chesnie looks adorable though....so much Slade in her! She is getting so big. Hopefully we will be able to see you all soon :o)

Sassy said...

Poor little sugar...she does look really cute though....you have the same faces as Nikki did when Karsyn had her ears pierced as well...it is hard on a mama...bless both of your ♥'s...

What we don't do for beauty??????

Nikki said...

My mom is right is sooo hard on the both of you. How sad she had to go thru that twice, poor little girl. She looks just adorable though.