Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MOAB

Feb. 20-22 we went to Moab for the U.S. Team Roping Championships. As everyone knows Luke loves to rope, so he goes were it goes, well for the most part mainly just in Utah. Most of the time he goes alone, but we thought it would be fun to go with him as a family this time. We also brought Payton along for Alex. We had an okay time, Moab is not a very happening place to be. It was just nice to go for the weekend and take the kids some where. But Luke didn't win anything and Payton & Alex both got thrown off the horse and got hurt, Alex actually got thrown off twice. Alex & Payton realized it's tought living a cowboy life!!! But they said they loved every minute of it!! I pretty much hung out at the hotel with my girls and hung out with my friend Christina, she is Luke's friend Russ' wife. Christina & I are "Ropin Widows Together!" They went to rope for the weekend too. I probably won't be making any trips to Moab again any time soon!!!
Brinley & Shaylee in the hot tubeOn Sat. night we went to the hotel pool. Chesnie & I didn't swim. I had to make sure none of the kids did this!!!

I thought this was funny, the horse was digging a hole like a bored little kid while he was waiting for Luke to load him in the trailer.
Luke will not hold still to take picture, but I took a couple anyway.On the way home we stopped and ate at Burger King. Chesnie had her first french fry & loved it!
Payton & Brinley sleeping on the way home!

5 comments:

2Again Now said...

Hey I'm jealous you got to stay in a hotel!!! Everytime we go to Moab I end up CAMPING!!!

Sassy said...

How is my cute little ropin' widow C L O U D I A? You are so cute and what a great mom and wife you are...♥ ya!

Nikki said...

Oh Cloudia, looks like a nice getaway, even if it wasn't too exciting.

sage said...

Going to Moab is like saying "Im going to Boise, ID." That pic of Chesnie with the french fry is so cute.
So are you Lukes roping partner? That would be a great hobby for you to take up:)

I am signed in under Sages name, Im just to lazy to change it.

Cedar:)

marcie said...

The only times I have been to Moab was when we went on a river run with Dan's work. Did you go to Arches National Park or up to Dead Horse Point? There is this cool park in town with instruments all over and the kids get to play music. Other than that, I don't know of anything else fun down there :)