Friday, April 24, 2009

POOR PEACHES

It happened! I knew this day would come and it could have been worse. I'm not saying I was waiting for it or that I wanted it to happen, but I knew it was coming. On Monday Peaches was ran over by a car. She didn't die, she was just really hurt. What happened was I was in the shower, Alex was riding his dirt bike on the side of our house, & Brinley was in the front yard with Peaches. All the sudden Brinley comes running into me and says "Mom Peaches got ran over by a car!" I said "Oh my Gosh where is she?" I'm thinking at this point she's outside dead laying on the street, then she comes in the bathroom with Alex and I was so glad to see she was still alive. I got out of the shower and checked Peaches out and her back legs looked like they were skinned in a few places and she was moving really slow. I could just tell her legs were really sore and nothing seemed broken. The kids thought she was dying cause to kids blood means death! She was okay though. But I can see it now, she will chase another car and it will really run her over and kill her. Peaches is obsessed with chasing cars, actually anything with wheels. (Naughty Dog!) What I think happened was she was running after a truck (Brinley said it was a truck) and got to close and the tire bumped her back side and she skinned her legs on the street, so I don't think the truck totally ran her over! I just hope she's learned her lesson cause I actually like her now and my kids adore her. So pray for Peaches to end her bad habit!!

I forgot to add, Peaches was also attacked on Sunday by the big neighbor dog. The stupid dog had Peaches butt in his mouth and was swinging her around like a rag doll. She came in the house with blood under her tail. Alex was out there and watched the whole thing. I just know my kids are gonna be there when Peaches dies and they will be scared for life. She's had a really bad week! So I guess now she only has about 7 lives to go!! Poor Peachy!

3 comments:

Huntington Home said...

SAD I am sorry I hope that she learns from it!!! (LOL) I think she is a good dog that is so sad that it happens witht he kids there thank goodness she is OK!!

nicole said...

Is she doing okay? I hope she did learn her lesson. Remember Snuffy always chased cars. Silly dogs!

Nikki said...

Oh I am about to cry, poor little Peaches, she is such a cute dog. I am glad she didn't get hurt worse.