Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dancin' at Lagoon

On Saturday we went to Lagoon for the Dance Championships. Brinley had been waiting for this day for months. At first when we got there I didn't think Brinley would get up on stage. First she was throwing a fit cause her ballet shoes were to tight, then she was complaining about the itchy tu-tu and then only 2 girls from her group showed up so I thought for sure she wouldn't get up there cause she wouldn't be able to hide in the back. She surprised us all though and went up there and did so good. She followed the teacher good and never once even tried to cry and there was a ton of people watching. I was so proud of her. Brinley is extremely shy and for her to do that it is huge! Dance has been the best thing for her. It has totally brought her out of her shell! It was so cute and I'm so excited for her next recitals!
Feelin a little nervous & hating the itchy tu-tu Waiting to go onThey all were trying so hard to follow Stephanie(the dance teacher) but somehow they all ended up in different positions. It was still so cute though!
Brinley & her proud Daddy
We can always count on Grandma for support!

3 comments:

Sassy said...

Your kiddo's are too cute and doesn't your little Dancing Queen look adorable! I loved Lagoon when I was a kid!

marcie said...

She's so cute. I'm glad she's doing something she loves!

Cedar said...

I don't blame her, I would hate to wear a itchy tu-tu in public too. Her hair has gotten so thick and long. I am proud of her for doing that though, she'll be a pro like her mama in no time:)

I love Lagoon. Wish I could've been there.