Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome Home Elder Dorris

On May 14th at 11:00 p.m. my whole family made our way to the airport for the special arrival of Elder Dustin Dorris! Dustin is the oldest grandchild/ nephew in our family. He served his mission in Spain. I can't believe how fast 2 years went!!
All the kiddos that stayed up for the the big event. My kids were at home in bed and so was their dad!!
Alex made this cute poster for Dustin. It is supposed to be a werewolf!
The wait for all of us was really hard. Of course the missionaries had to be the last ones off the plane. When we finally saw Dustin at 12:15 a.m. we all were going crazy. With the group we had it was pretty loud!
And there he finally was!!!!
(Dustin & Papa) This is probably one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. Natalie took this one (way to capture the feelings in that moment!)

When I hugged Dustin his whole body was shaking. He told me sorry cause his knees were knocking! He was so excited he couldn't stand it & we felt the same!!

Mission Accomplished!!

2 comments:

nicole said...

I should have been there!! I love the excitement in everyone's faces. Hopefully we will be up there pretty soon. Love ya!

2Again Now said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Your pictures made ME cry and I don't know anyone in them but YOU. :o)