Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"IT"Happens

This is our playroom! Just a nice, messy, normal playroom! Well this is how is usually looks. Until last Monday 5/11, that's when everything changed!!!Yes, water!!! Let me tell the great story. First of all it was one of the worst days I have had in a long time. The first thing was when I was talking to my mom, my phone was not working right, then eventually later it would not even come on. Then later I had to go down our stairs to grab something and the baby gate was up so I tried stepping over it and slipped and fell on my butt and down the stairs I went. At 1:45 p.m. Alex calls and I knew he was getting out early but I forgot it was just 1st & 2nd D track not all the kids on D track. My neighbor Laurel picks him up every day and her kids are on D track also, so I was thinking she was getting him from school, but I forgot it was just 1st & 2nd grade. So I had to wake Chesnie up from her nap and go get my forgotten child! So then later at 6:30 p.m. is when the day really began. I went down stairs cause I heard my Uncle Steve come in so I went to say Hi and I couldn't find him so I headed back upstairs and I heard something in the playroom. I thought to myself "is Uncle Steve in the playroom?" So I looked in there and there it was. We were leaking. It was coming from the ceiling and running down the wall. So I called Luke. Him & Alex were at baseball practice and I told him he needed do come home cause we had a problem. He got home and started moving everything out into the living room and cut into the wall & ceiling to find the problem. It ended up being the pipe going to the hose out front. It had froze this winter and burst. So then I called our insurance guy, this is when it pays to have home owners insurance. A clean up guy was sent out at 10:00 p.m. He cleaned a few things up & right away put fans in the room to dry it out. Then left at 12:30p.m. What a mess! The insurance company gave us $1900 to fix the damages and hopefully we will have our playroom up and running soon!! Let's hope "IT" NEVER happens again!!!
Here is the little Jerk that made the mess!
Play/ Living Room
This is how everything stands now

4 comments:

marcie said...

Dang! That stinks! I hate when "IT" happens!! Hope it all gets fixed quickly!

Cedar said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about a torn up room. I am so sorry that Heath is not there to fix it for you. Maybe we could just fly up for a few days:) What a good way to have to go threw all your toys. I kinda wish my play room would get flooded and ruin all our toys so I could throw them away!!

I thought it was funny when I looked on your tv where all your toys are now, and the sign says "laugh" hopefully that is what you are doing :) Good luck with everything. Wish I was there to help :(

2Again Now said...

ahhhhhh bummer!! I hope things dry out fast.

Brandi said...

That sucks, one thing I hate about winter you never know in spring time if your water line will burst.