Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 HIGHLIGHTS

2008 was a very busy year for us! I just wanted to share our memories and remember what a great year it was!New Years (Jan. 1)
(Feb. 24- 23weeks pregnant)
The beginning of the year did not start out so great! I found out I was pregnant on Oct. 20,07, so the first half of 2008 I was pregnant and on Jan. 21 I found out I had placenta previa, so I was put on bed rest and I was only 18 weeks along. On Jan. 24 Luke had shoulder surgery, then Jan. 29 Alex had his tonsils taken out. We were all in bed and in bad shape. Luckily Brinley was fine! We all got better and on April 2, I was taken off of bed rest, so everything started getting better!!


Peaches joined our family (Feb.20)

I got my braces off (June 12)
Sweet Chesnie joined our family (June 16)
I turned 30 (July 25)

Our yard was finally finished (Aug. 14)
Brinley started preschool (Sept. 4)
Chesnie was blessed (Oct. 5)
Alex was baptized (Oct. 25)

Luke & I celebrated our 10th Anniversary (Nov. 14)
Family Picture (Nov. 20)
We had a great year! I loved 2008! Hopefully 2009 will bring great things to us and everyone else! Happy New Year!!!

7 comments:

Football Mom said...

Hey Cara, your blog is so cute!What an adorable little family you have! I've got that recipe you've been asking for.
Hot Chicken Casserole
2 C. cooked diced chicken
4 hard boiled eggs
1 TBLS green onion
1 1/2 C. cooked rice
1 can water chestnuts
3 TBLS diced green peppers
3/4 tsp. salt
1 C. mayonnaise
1 1/2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 TBLS lemon juice
2 C. cheddar cheese grated
1 1/2 C. buttered bread crumbs
Mix together above ingredients and place in buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover with buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 350* for 30 min. ENJOY!

Parker Family said...

WOW, you really were busy this last year with big celebrations! Your teeth look beautiful! I know that is kindof a weird comment, but I am obsessed with teeth, so they really do look great! You have a very beautiful family!!

Cedar said...

I hope 2009 is just as crazy for you!:) I love that family pic of you guys.

Cindy said...

Wow what a year it has been for you!! Cute idea to do the recap...hope you dont mind if I copy???? And your yard looks amazing!!

2Again Now said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I LOVE your yard!! I need to repent for coveting it!! :o)

marcie said...

How fun! You've got a great family. I'm so glad to know you guys and call you our friends! And I love that our kids get along great too! We love you guys!

Brandi said...

2009 will be a great year for everyone. Cute pictures!