Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday ALEX!!!


Alex was born at 2:03 a.m. on Oct. 18, 2000. His life started out rough. I pushed for 3 hours with him and when he finally came out he was not happy! He was in the ICU for 3 weeks on oxygen, a feeding tube, & all kinds of other wires hooked up to him. But to his benefit he was a good size. He was 5 lbs 7 1/2 oz & 18 3/4 inches. He would forget to breath alot of the time in the ICU and scare us to death. Now he is a Big Boy you would never guess he was early! He's almost as tall as me!! Now he's 8 years old and getting baptized next Saturday. We are really excited for him and sad at the same time because we can't believe he is old enough! Alex has a passion for horses like his dad. He can go on rides for hours. He doesn't care if it's a scary ride or how long it's gonna be. Every time Luke comes home from a ride with Alex he always says Alex is a true little cowboy!!! I Love My Cowboys!!!

Alex is such a sweet & handsome boy. He helps us out so much. We are very blessed to have him in our family! We are so proud of him!!! Happy 8th Birthday Alex!!! We Love You!!!!

6 comments:

2Again Now said...

Cara,
Your blog is soooo adorable!!! I didn't know your husband liked Harleys. SO DOES MINE!! :o) Do you guys go riding.....or do you just like the Harley stuff? We have a huge Harley Davidson sign painted on our basement wall. :o)

Cedar said...

Happy 8th bday Alex!! He is a sweet boy for sure and a great friend. Im impressed with your shots, good job!! Hope you ate some cheesecake for me.

Cindy said...

Oh Cara I had forgotten that Ethan and Alex were so close in age and that they both had trouble when they were born! That was tough wasn't it?? He is such a good lookin kid and has gotten so big! I am proud that he will be baptized, those days are priceless! Take care!
~Cindy

3 Men & a Lady said...

Happy 8th, Alex! I had never seen those pictures of him on the horse... so cute! I will agree that he is a true little cowboy, so sweet, and BIG! I am very lucky to be his aunt and this is such a special year for him. Oh, and the brown sweater looks adorable on him... yay! :)

marcie said...

Holy Cow, time flies! I remember coming to your house when he was in his little bouncy seat and we had no kids yet. Crazy!

Nikki said...

8....WHAT??? Where has the time gone. Oh my heck. He is so cute and grown up. Happy Birthday Alex!