Monday, October 27, 2008

ALEX'S BAPTISM

On Sat. Alex was baptized. It was a very special day. It was Luke's first time baptizing someone and I was worried about him because he hates speaking in front of people, but he did really good. Alex was pretty nervous too. He has been telling me for a few years that he didn't want to get baptized. He is like Luke he hates being the center of attention. They both did really good . I'm very proud of both of them. It took them a few minutes to come into the font because Alex started crying. When he finally came out into the water he saw all the kids sitting there right in front and he started laughing, it was a very nervous laugh. It was really cute. He calmed down and finish what he went there to do. It was very sweet seeing everything take place. I'm so proud of him! He is now glad he did it!
Papa, Grandma, Grammy, Grandpa, & Alex

Best Buds

Drake & Papa
Avery, Melinda, Saxon, & George

Brinley & Madison
Luke gave Alex a pocket knife for his baptism. That's what his dad gave him for his baptism!
After the baptism everyone came to our house for lunch and to celebrate Alex's B-Day.
Saxon, Hunter, Payton, & Alex
Mike, Jill, & Dillan

I gave Alex his scriptures!Tyler & Alex
Luke being silly with the kids!
My dad held Chesnie for me while I was getting things together and she strated holding her bottle for the first time.

7 comments:

nicole said...

Hey Cara,
We wish we could have been there. Alex looks handsome in white! Chesnie is getting so big. Take Care : )

3 Men & a Lady said...

What a special day... for Alex and for all of you! It was a beautiful baptism and great celebration afterwards. I'm glad we could be apart of it. Alex was so cute when he finally walked into the font, laughing! That's cool that Luke kept the tradition and gave Alex a pocket knife! Oh, and I feel honored to have been right there as Chesnie held her bottle on her own for the first time!!!!

P.S.
Make sure you get 5 lbs. of meat next time!!!!

Cedar said...

I wish I could've been there to celebrate the festivites. Alex looks so grown up. Hes almost as tall as you!! Congrats to Alex.

I especially love the new blouse. Great color.

Cindy said...

That is sweet, we will be doing Ethan's baptism in a couple weeks! I totally understand the getting in front of people thing, I HATE IT TOO!! It just about gives me a heart attack every time! :) Looks like a great day, family is the greatest.

Sassy said...

WHERE HAS TIME GONE????i CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS EIGHT!!!! HOLY COW! How sad he is so nervous about being the center of attention...this is a wonderful time for him and he deserves all the attention he can get...Happy birthday to your sweet kiddo! EIGHT IS GREAT!

Brandi said...

Alex looks so big. What a special day for all of you guys. Chesnie is getting big too fast.

Huntington Home said...

We are so Proud of Alex and it was so nice to be able to be there for this speacial day thanks for inviting us and letting us share this speacial day with you guys...They are growing so fast at the blink of an eye they are so big I hate it!! can't we stop them if you find out how let me know .. lol How are you doing?